Thursday, July 19, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
Dann Hazel used Reactions to Homophobia, an essay in Holding Me Together, as one of the resources for his book Witness: Gay and Lesbian Clergy Report from the Front. In Australia, Kris Coonan, UQ Union, University of Queensland, used it as a resource for his article Sexual Prejudice: Understanding Homophobia and Heterosexism, Biphobia and Transphobia. The Queensland Government's Community Benefit Fund and PFLAG Brisbane used it as a resource for the booklet Assisting Those Who Come Into Regular Contact with Lesbian and Gay Youth.
“By killing yourself, intentionally or through unsafe sex, you call yourself worthless and expendable. How can you think of a human being that way? Quit punishing yourself for the bigotry in society. Refuse to help the cause of homophobia. Take care of yourself. Learn to love yourself and protect yourself. See yourself and your partner as worth protecting. Treat safer sex as an act of defiance and gay pride, a statement about your love for yourself, a statement about the value of your life. Treat living each day as a tear in the fabric of bigotry.”
That quote comes from Not Worth Dying Over, another essay in Holding Me Together. Paul Harris quotes that passage in the book From Our Own Lips: The Book of GLBT Quotations. Minnie Van PileUp (the pseudonym of a writer who lives in Boston) quotes the same passage in The Quotable Queer: Fabulous Wit and Wisdom from the Gays, the Straight, and Everybody In-Between.
Mountman, a reviewer for StoneWall Society, has created animated versions of two poems from Holding. Visit MS Agent Pages for the software and links. (Note: the poems are earlier versions, and slightly different from how they appear in Holding’s 2nd Edition.)
Watch for news about how the 2007 Pride in the Arts Festival will involve my books.
Friday, March 16, 2007
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Winner of a 2007 Allbooks Reviewer’s Choice Award
- This Week In Texas: Gay author wins another award for his work
- Belmont University: '89 Alum Wins Book Award
- Pressbox.Co.UK: Allbooks Review Editor's Choice Award winners announced
- FreePressRelease: Allbooks Review announces winners of Editor's Choice and Reviewer's Choice Awards for 2007
- 24-7pressrelease: Allbooks Review announces Editor's Choice and Reviewer's Choice Award
- American Chronicle: Allbooks announce winners of Editor's and Reviewer's Choice Award
- American Chronicle: ALLBOOKS REVIEWS EDITOR’S CHOICE AWARD FOR 2007 announces the finalists
- The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: 12/8/06: Simolke's fantasy novel up for award